Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
So what are guys gaining here with 1:1? I guess feel. WOT is WOT so no difference in HP unless you go to a bigger throttle body. Even then if there is no bottle neck the larger throttle body wont do much.

I have the XT with a single throttle body and it does have better low pedal feel.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
So what are guys gaining here with 1:1? I guess feel. WOT is WOT so no difference in HP unless you go to a bigger throttle body. Even then if there is no bottle neck the larger throttle body wont do much.

I have the XT with a single throttle body and it does have better low pedal feel.
You'd need to drive your car with a unmodified Pro Flo 4 4150 throttle body kit to see what it is like.

If what you mean by pedal feel is more response with less throttle up to about 70% of the throttle where the secondary throttle blades "just" start to open, then yes it's pedal feel. It's improved throttle response to me, and I prefer it. Vast improvement for road racing or autocross. Not so much of a gain for going in a straight line with the throttle on the floor from the lights.

I doubt my Pro Flo 4 4150 setup runs like it would out of the box. It's never been setup out of the box. For all I know it runs a lot worse. Although I kind of doubt it. I port matched the intake to my heads, I opened up, reshaped, and blended the plenum area, and I use a billet 1-inch spacer reshaped a little to match the opened up plenum. I did all that basic tuning stuff before installing it. I installed 60lb injectors and made the 1:1 linkage after I'd been driving it for a few hundred miles with the 29lb injectors and the progressive linkage. It works better on my motor with larger injectors and the 1:1 throttle linkage as far as I'm concerned, and that really is all that matters.

I'd be messing with the XT parts too, if I'd gone that route. Can't help myself.

Reactions: Monkey

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Monkey

More to the point...

What would you pay for a 1:1 throttle linkage with an adjustable link that would work with either the old or the new Edelbrock 4150 throttle body?

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
You'd need to drive your car with a unmodified Pro Flo 4 4150 throttle body kit to see what it is like.

If what you mean by pedal feel is more response with less throttle up to about 70% of the throttle where the secondary throttle blades "just" start to open, then yes it's pedal feel. It's improved throttle response to me, and I prefer it. Vast improvement for road racing or autocross. Not so much of a gain for going in a straight line with the throttle on the floor from the lights.

I doubt my Pro Flo 4 4150 setup runs like it would out of the box. It's never been setup out of the box. For all I know it runs a lot worse. Although I kind of doubt it. I port matched the intake to my heads, I opened up, reshaped, and blended the plenum area, and I use a billet 1-inch spacer reshaped a little to match the opened up plenum. I did all that basic tuning stuff before installing it. I installed 60lb injectors and made the 1:1 linkage after I'd been driving it for a few hundred miles with the 29lb injectors and the progressive linkage. It works better on my motor with larger injectors and the 1:1 throttle linkage as far as I'm concerned, and that really is all that matters.

I'd be messing with the XT parts too, if I'd gone that route. Can't help myself.
Yep Steve thats what I thought you guys were after. Really stock throttle body doesnt start to open until 70 percent? That would make it feel lazy. Your throttle body is bigger also so maybe you gain a few there. Dont get me wrong I wasnt knocking your mods just asking a question. I like how you really get into tuning. Good stuff

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yep Steve thats what I thought you guys were after. Really stock throttle body doesnt start to open until 70 percent? That would make it feel lazy. Your throttle body is bigger also so maybe you gain a few there. Dont get me wrong I wasnt knocking your mods just asking a question. I like how you really get into tuning. Good stuff
No worries. I'm just trying to cover everything I can remember I've done with the PF4 4150 setup so I don't sound like I'm making stuff up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Got in a little test drive today. Completely different car!!! Love it.

Pic shows what happens when I mash the throttle at 15 MPH and shift to drive as quick as I can, then hold on as long as it goes straight. 350 ft. plus of BF Goodrich paving and smoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
From Australia to the USA.
255 Posts
Schwany.

That's a geat question. Would depend if it was hand made for example or something more mass produced from the likes of edelbrock.

Happy to discuss in DM if you are bored during lock down and feel like knocking one out.

Rhys. Aka Monkey.

Re: Replaced FiTech Go Port with a Pro-Flo 4
Monkey

More to the point...

What would you pay for a 1:1 throttle linkage with an adjustable link that would work with either the old or the new Edelbrock 4150 throttle body?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Daryl

I like the black stripes. :thumbsup:

It's worth making the 1:1 linkage for anyone that enjoys a little rush. Must be a barrel of fun on a BBC setup.

I would like a road like the one in your pic for doing some test and tune. I have to drive 120 miles to find anything even close to that, and there would still be a few cars on it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote. = I would like a road like the one in your pic for doing some test and tune. I have to drive 120 miles to find anything even close to that, and there would still be a few cars on it. = Quote

Quite rural here. Easy to get away from the traffic, people, towns, etc. :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Daryl,
There's a lot to be said for getting away from it all. I only want to get the heck out of the Seattle area every couple of hours, but the wardens family is here, so I'm trapped. And having been married before, I know it is cheaper to keep her.

Reactions: 77sonic
61 - 70 of 70 Posts