Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These little clips or guides or whatever they're called. On a hardtop, they're along the roof rail. In my case, if have a 4-door hardtop, but I think they're the same on a 2-door hard top.

What are they called? Need to buy new ones where the rubber coating on the end isn't cracked and broken exposing metal to rub on the glass. Or, can I recondition these? Strip them and plasti-dip them? Or something? A link to product would be helpful, all I keep finding are window stops and stabilizers that I think are internal door parts.

Thanks in advance. And, yes, those seals are well beyond needing replacement.

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Do, not know what they are called
but are to keep the Glass to the outside when you roll it up

If you can save them and Dip them in Plastic/Rubber Paint that you can get from a Hardware Store
that is what I would do

Reactions: Leadhead

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Do, not know what they are called
but are to keep the Class to the outside when you roll it up

If you can save them and Dip them in Plastic/Rubber Paint that you can get from a Hardware Store
that is what I would do
Agreed, that is what I did...

·
Registered
782 Posts
hi
need to identify if PVC dipped which is slippery or rubber dipped which will grip the glass . In the usa u can get parts dipped.
GM cars use a lotta different coating materials . I used electrical heat shrink because the shape was flat for previously coated part [vertical metal window guide].

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone identifying what they're called! Now it seems I can find them. I assume the ones for '67-69 camaro are similar also, since I seem to find more of those.

looks like they get riveted to the weatherstrip channel... I think I'll just "dip" mine and see how that works out. I have a jar of black plastidip in the garage already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts