Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever done a vinyl repair on their door panel, if so what did you use? The driver panel has a small 1/4" tear at the very bottom. I dont want to replace the door panel for just a small area like this, besides I've heard the horror stories about aftermarket door panels.
thanks

------------------
Michael

T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

69 malibu convertible
69 malibu h/t 307/pg
<<this space reserved for 66/67 chevelle BB/4spd>>
01 gmc sierra

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Mike,

The best advice I can give you is to go to a local Chevrolet Dealer. Hopefully a good size dealer that has a big used car lot. Ask to speak with the used car manager. Ask him if he has a vendor that does interior repairs for their used cars. Sometimes a used car will have a small tear in the vinyl dash or console or a hole in a seat that needs repaired. They typically have vendors that stop in once a week to do these repairs.
Hopefully he's a Chevy guy that like old cars and will hook you up. These guys can match color and grain and the repairs are pretty durable unless it it a high use area. The area you are referring to should be fine.
Hope this helps, I've been at the same dealer for 15 years and have had small repairs like this done for my kids cars.

------------------
FastSS396Man
Brian

Fastss396, Fastss396,Fastss396,
Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!
02' Harley FatBoy, Diamond Ice Pearl and lots of chrome!
ACES# 3466

1 - 2 of 2 Posts