Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 defog switich that dosen't work on low speed.Seems that resistor is burned out.Did a search and came up with a post reply from John_Muha mention that it is a 5ohm-5watt resistor.I went to two local Radio Shack stores and they didn't have any listed.Anyone know where else I could locate these or what else would work. Thank's, Jim

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It's probably closer to 4 ohms. They are somewhere around $1.50 if you have a real electronics supply house near you. Radio Shack hasn't carried anything like that in years.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
If you can determine the actual ohm value and give me dimensions of the resistor, I bet I can get you an exact replacement.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, Thank you for the info

Coopertop, It seems to be a 4 ohm-5 watt wire wound resister incased in a 1/4" x 1" ceramic block. If you come across one,I'd appreciate it.Thank you for your help.....Jim

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still trying to locate resistor.So far found an exact size repalcement,with the correct 5 watts.But only .47 ohms. Coopertop,or anyone else think they can locate one for me. Thank's in advance,Jim

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Jim,

Was just thinking about your dilema today. Made myself a note. The next electronics order I make, I will include this part for you and send it your way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts