Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the same thing as FASTassCHEVELLE. I've removed all of my a/c system and replacing the a/c housing that is bolted to the firewall with an a/c delete unit from american grafiti out of colorado. Have ordered but not received as of yet. The unit will function as a heater only.

From what I understand, the wires that went to the relay that was screwed to the old a/c housing must be reused along with the relay in order operate the three speeds of the blower motor.

Now, what I'm trying to find out is; can I eliminate the two sets of wires that was plugged into the a/c housing? Or does those wires have something to do with the operation of the heater?What I mean by "eliminate" is to pull the wires thru the firewall and bundle them up and zip tie them out of sight. Maybe someone will want to hook the a/c back up after I'm gone.

The purple wire for the starter solenoid, the blower motor wire, and the wires that plug into the relay will all be fed back thru the firewall. I will mount the relay out of sight by the blower motor and I will drill a hole in the firewall close to the blower motor for the wire that plugs into the blower motor.

Am I on the right track? And will someone give me some advise mentioned in part one of paragraph three,PLEASE....Thanks.

Happy Crusin'

-----------------
70 Chevelle SS 454, TH350 11 yrs
69 Grand Prix SJ, 428, M40 5 yrs

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Like I told Fastass, if you follow the wiring Diagram, IN THE CHASSIS SERVICE MANUEL, I'm sure it will show what you want to know. I eliminated some wires by using that diagram. It tells you what color the wire is and where it goes. If your harness has been messed with, with different color wires, forget it. May not answer all your questions but it will help. This wiring diagram is in the chassis service manual for your year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I buy the Classic Service Manuel? I'm using a Haynes manual 69-87 Chevrolet and it's not a good manual.

---------------
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts