Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys,
I'm in the process of getting the dash ready to paint.
Is there an easy way to remove the side vents from the dash w/o removing the whole vent housing?
I ordered new vents, so I guess if I break them apart, thats one way.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
As stated above but if you are replacing the vents because the vanes are broke or worn out, you will have to cut them open to replace with new ones.

A hot knife works well. Split them right at the seam. Replace the vents and then glue back together.

Dan, "mmm. you seek Yoda, take you to him, I will". :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I'd mention this so you understand that the dash is still in the car. I just want to remove the old vents before I paint the dash and then install new ones.
I thinking that access to the screws for the housing it self might be kind of difficult with the dash still in place?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
HAY wheres the seat pics?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just picked up the paint yesterday for the seat bases.
Pictures will be coming soon. ;)

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I thought I'd mention this so you understand that the dash is still in the car. I just want to remove the old vents before I paint the dash and then install new ones.

I thinking that access to the screws for the housing it self might be kind of difficult with the dash still in place?
a bit more difficult, but you can still get to the 3 screws that hold the vent assem. and then split housings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.