Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried searching but didnt get much,

i got everything loose for the bottom dash to come out... i also loosen the steering column bolts under the dash but the column doesnt want to drop down... do i have to drop the column at the firewall also? thanks..

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Yes, there is a plate in there that you can loosen to lower it down all that much more. There are also several phillips head screws that run along the top lip of the dash above the strip that runs across, containing the ignition, headlight switch (which you will also have release the knob from also), and the wipers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can remove the lower dash insert without comletely removing the column. But...If you're re-painting your insert and want to re-install without scratching it, I'd suggest removing the column completely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can remove the lower dash insert without comletely removing the column. But...If you're re-painting your insert and want to re-install without scratching it, I'd suggest removing the column completely.

Very true! After all once you have the column loose, just unbolt the rag joint, disconnect the harness and it is out of your way, without possible damage.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.