Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take the bench seat out of my 1970 El-Camino. How do you take the back off from the bottom of the seat?
TIA
MIKE

·
Registered
778 Posts
You have to remove the clips that hold the arm on the side of the seat. Should be some sort of a C clip or some are like a star washer. This is the arm on the outside of the seat on both sides that fits over a post and pivots forward. Then you need to pull outward on this arm and remove it from the pivot post. Now just push the seat back toward the front of the car and lift the seat back upward toward the center of the car and it should come out. There is another post that attaches to the center of the seat and has a sort of hook to it. RichF

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Rich F, that is what I was trying to figure out. Danny, as of right now, I don't have room to take it out as one solid unit. Thought it would be easier as two pieces, since all I am trying to do is locate the Build Sheet. I did talk to the Guy who has the Original L-S6 and before I spend the Money on the Motor, I would like to find a build sheet or something.
Thanks.
MIKE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts