Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone recently telling how to remove the ignition switch from the cluster bezel of a '68. I can't find it. Something like "turn the key to accessory, slide in a screw driver, twist....." all while repeating the words "there's no place like home".

I would trial and error it, but I don't want to break it. It amazes me how brittle this 30 year old plastic is.

As always, thanks guys and gals for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive got a 68 also, and did the same. Fooled with it for probably 2 hours, all along vaguely remembering a post I saw on this. Turn the key to accessorie and use a strieghtened paper clip or something like that to insert into the hole by the key, then I believe turn the key beyond accessorie. Then the lock part will come out.I did get mine out by doing this. Hope this helps at least a little.

·
Registered
13,157 Posts
Yamaha is right. all you need is your ignition key and a paper clip. Straighten paper clip, insert key, turn key over to acc, insert paper clip (into tiny hole) and push it straight in firmly, turn key some more and cylinder comes out. To install, place cylinder back into the removed position (without paper clip) and turn. Too easy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 01-26-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.