Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the dash speedo bezel and the black & chrome instrument panel/bezel(that runs all the way across the dash and has the ignition, lights, etc)in it, and the radio trim bezel, and the bezel above the glove box.

How are these removed-- in other words, where are the nuts located that hold these on?

thanks,

gerald

·
Registered
1 Posts
the model years are different, which do you have?
67 Chevelle Malibu..... I would like to replace the chrome Bezel over the Glove Box, the radio bezel and the bezel around the speedometer ...... don't need to pull the whole dash off just the chrome trim bezels.... I've found replacements ......

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
67 Chevelle Malibu..... I would like to replace the chrome Bezel over the Glove Box, the radio bezel and the bezel around the speedometer ...... don't need to pull the whole dash off just the chrome trim bezels.... I've found replacements ......
You can accomplish it by dropping the steering column down and maybe lower the dash, but to remove the speedo cluster it would be a LOT easier (and maybe quicker) to pull the dash and do it on the bench IMO. The glove box and radio bezels are easy, it's the speedo and upper dash strip that are tough to access, even with long skinny fingers.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Around the speedo yes the instrument yes dash has to be removed. The radio and glove box no, remove the dials on the radio and bezel should come out, glove box unscrew the nut that goes around the lock and it will come off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts