Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
oh good god...im glad i wasnt there for that! buhahah!
Sorry Rob....I was. :D

Man that takes a guy back...hi-octane lo-cost gas, Vietnam, bell-bottoms, free love, riots, the Manson Family, and Beaver Cleaver all rolled into an era.

Great tune. Thanks for the post 2Cool. :thumbsup:

John

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back then I had a Ford pickup with a camper with flames on the sides the motor was a hot 302.
While on an outdoor concert trip we stopped in a gas station in Alabama to get gas back then they were full service stations that means you ran over a hose and the bell inside went off and they came out and checked your oil washed your windows and put air in your tires.:D Really!

Well the old fart that owned it saw our LONG HAIR and came running out saying we don't serve no damn hippies and shacking his fist! So just to be a royal pain I pushed in the clutch and hit 5 grand then dumped it! the tires went up in smoke and his bell hose wrapped around the tire like you wouldn't believe and yanked the bell off the wall now he was really pee'oed and my group was yelling HAUL A$$! so we did but not before making one more trip around the pumps.

Those were the days:D

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Maybe......just maybe........since Rob and I are in CA.......maybe we're not missing anything !!!!!!!!!!!:D
Nah, if you weren't around during that time you missed alot.

California now is nothing like it was then.

Bitter sweet memories listening to the Momma's and the Pappa's.
Although at that time I was listening more to the Monkees, Stepenwolf, The Surfin Safaris, America, Mungo Jerry, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.

Peace signs, love beads, the space race, psychodelic posters, black lights, love in's.

Laugh-in, The Mod Squad, Adam-12, Wild Kingdom, Wonderful World of Disney, Mannix, Hawaii 5-O and Iron Side.

Oh yeah, Freakies Cereal and
!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Nah, if you weren't around during that time you missed alot.

California now is nothing like it was then.

Bitter sweet memories listening to the Momma's and the Pappa's.
Although at that time I was listening more to the Monkees, Stepenwolf, The Surfin Safaris, America, Mungo Jerry, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.

Peace signs, love beads, the space race, psychodelic posters, black lights, love in's.

Laugh-in, The Mod Squad, Adam-12, Wild Kingdom, Wonderful World of Disney, Mannix, Hawaii 5-O and Iron Side.

Oh yeah, Freakies Cereal and
!
Man, what a trip down memory lane!!!
The only reget I have is I was a little too young for the "love in" stuff :( bummer!!!!!!!!!

This weeK I was driving down the road looking at traffic and thinking of how the landscape has changed. Thinking back 30 yrs ago you couldn't go 500 ft without seeing a GTO, Chevelle, Nova, Mustang or a Camaro etc. It's a shame those days only live in our memories!!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
i was just after that era but remeber listening to them as a kid, it is rare to have the vocals today that you had then...:thumbsup: i listen to billy joel, springsteen, meatloaf..:beers:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Had it on vinyl at one time. Won it from a radio station,back when it was on the current play list. I may have been about 6 years old.Great song.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
:yes:
Back then I had a Ford pickup with a camper with flames on the sides the motor was a hot 302.
While on an outdoor concert trip we stopped in a gas station in Alabama to get gas back then they were full service stations that means you ran over a hose and the bell inside went off and they came out and checked your oil washed your windows and put air in your tires.:D Really!

Well the old fart that owned it saw our LONG HAIR and came running out saying we don't serve no damn hippies and shacking his fist! So just to be a royal pain I pushed in the clutch and hit 5 grand then dumped it! the tires went up in smoke and his bell hose wrapped around the tire like you wouldn't believe and yanked the bell off the wall now he was really pee'oed and my group was yelling HAUL A$$! so we did but not before making one more trip around the pumps.

Those were the days:D
You drove into the old Sinclair station, where Mr Wilson worked.:yes: Ah, and gas was 20cents a gallon. And the gas wars. Mr Wilson would like for you to return his hose;) I can still hear him say, ya'll come back now, ya hear.:noway:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts