Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i find a relay block.Just a small one.I want to use relays on my headlights,starter sol,fans,ect.

I can't find one..Any leads on what kind of cars i could get one out of.

30 and 40amp

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Do a search on this site. Someone posted a link to relays and sockets for Newark Electronics. I think they have exactly what you need.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep,i did a search before i posted and came up with nothing.I did a search for that Newark Electronics again and still nothing.

I don't want just relays and single sockets,i want a small bank/block or relays with screw down terminals or something like that.

[This message has been edited by supersport396_2000 (edited 10-12-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Atlas/Soundolier makes relay banks in 2,4,or 8 banger configurations. The 4 relay unit is about 5"x5" footprint. Their stuff is for 24VDC, but you can order the terminal base/relay socket units sans relays. The sockets follow a standard relay footprint, and you could get 12VDC relays from another source.
Check out www.atlassound.com, and check the "IR repeater, pwr supply, accessory page.

------------------
'64 El Camino
383 - TH-350 - 12bolt
4 wheel disc
MN TC picnic
Sonic Boom "Smoke Ring"

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Everything you mentioned is under the hood, and many newer cars and trucks have relay banks for these under the hood. I would suggest going that route, as it woould be real easy to remove from a donor, and easier to implement under the hood, rather than under the dash.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah,it was going under the hood..but where?

Hmmmm.......inside the right front fender behind the battery
Sounds good to me,uh,untill i have a fuse blow.

Just put the battery in the trunk.

Hey,thats a good question.What do you guys with the batt in the trunk do with that extra space under the hood?

[This message has been edited by supersport396_2000 (edited 10-12-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
I had an 89 Olds Calais once that had a nice bank of 4 relays on the firewall. It would have been easy to take those off when I scrapped it.....dangit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts