Team Chevelle banner

Reid case 70 Chevelle

303 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  70SS540
Thinking about a Reid TH400 DRAG case while transmission is getting rebuilt. 70 SS Chevelle Street strip car. Anybody have one in their 1970? Any fitment issues like hitting floorboards, firewall etc?? Not gonna dump the cash if I have to do any fitment mods. Engine has 900-1300 hp depending on nitrous hit. Reid case probably not necessary but, I'd rather be overbuilt than underbuilt.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10,847 Posts
I agree, I posted on the other thread I had a shield in my car and and ultrabell. So the bellhousings are the same and the REID case is smaller than my shield was.

· Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would a JW ultrabell fit in place of the REID? Never tried that combo, but figured I'd throw it out there.
Not sure but I was thinking the same thing until my transmission guy called and told me he was able to get a Reid bell from one of the monster truck guys he does work for. Just have to wait on a tail housing now…. or use the stock one.

· Premium Member
HP EFI 13.5:1 408 SBC, 9" TCI, ATI Supercase T350 w/brake, PST Carbon Shaft, 4.10-12 bolt, Low 10 ET
60 Posts
ATI Supercase wouldn't be a bad option. I did notice Summit has the cases but the bell housings might be on hold....

· Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATI Supercase wouldn't be a bad option. I did notice Summit has the cases but the bell housings might be on hold....
Thought about that option as well but, I was able to get the Reid case and bell housing. It seems everyone has some of their products on back order. I purchased new wheels 2 years ago in January. Got the fronts right away. The rears I was supposed to get in mid April. Didn’t get them till mid August. The manufacturer was having problems getting aluminum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts