Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should it cost to have seats redone. I don't have buckets yet, but I want to know how much it cost so I know a good deal when I see one.

I might end up getting aftermarket seats after the one quote I got from a local ahpolstry shop. $500 for the pair (new foam and covers).

·
Banned
269 Posts
David, that's the price I paid 2 years ago - foam, spring repair, blast and paint tracks with covers made from scratch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am going to get my seats re done soon also. If I buy the covers/foam he will take apart the seats clean them new burlap bag and clean and paint the tracks for 40 bucks a seat.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The going rate around here is about 500 bucks for both seats with new foam. That is making new covers from scratch. The problem I ran into is trying to match the cloth. Most shops can only get stuff from the last 5 or 10 model years of vehicles, but I found something that was nicer looking anyway.

------------------
Mat Ellison
Lincoln, Ne
70 SS 396 Chevelle
62 Impala Sport Coupe
ACES #2424

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just got my buckets and rear bench redone aa couple weeks ago (mice made them into a urinal!). The total to recover the seats, which included new pads, burlap, one spring repair, painting the frames and intallation came to $800. That included the new covers from National Parts Depot. I think it came out real nice...Scott

·
Registered
313 Posts
Call James Hinshaw at 336-226-8242. He runs Hinshaws Chevelle Parts (for 20 years) and is a first class person. He did my front buckets and rear bench seats a while back, including labor and materials, for a little over $600. I stripped off the old covers from everything prior to delivering him the seats. Its been over a year so don't hold him to that number. I was very pleased with the results.
jmw

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW!! Darn, that is a lot more than I wanted to spend. For that kind of cash I might look to the aftermarket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i did my seats myself.. wasn't that bad, but you'll need two people to do it. might be a little cheaper than having it done.

------------------
Rich
70 Chevelle
http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~rguerra

·
Registered
501 Posts
Where I live it is dirt cheap to have seats recovered. I was just at the upholstery shop yesterday getting a quote on having 2 Recaro seats recovered, I was quoted $50.00 per seat and I had my choice of material (not leather). The going rate for a bench seat is $110.00. I have watched them recover seats before and as long as the orginal seat cover is on they can take it apart and use it as a pattern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rich,
I've been planning on doing my own seats myslef.. what can I expect? Did you replace any of the springs as well?

Dan
72 Malibu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.