Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering what the best thing to use is to get all the rust off of the springs and the base of the seat? Also what is the best thing to cover the springs paintwise. Maybee por-15 or just some primer and Black paint. Anyone else done a seat resto? Also what would be the best way to get the "sliders" bottom of the seat cleaned up?ahh rust!

·
Registered
68 Posts
my 69 bench was so bad this last time something broke. It was mostly broke in the frame and bracing with the usual springs to. SO I found a 70 or 71 olds Skylark that had been in side most of its life very little rust and no bracks in the frame works. If your is real bad and you have to replace a lot of springs and such. Drop that seat and go find a donar care. A good seat is $100.00 and than tye it wed it, foam/metalcovered,new bonnet or cover the existing bonnet with foam gule a 100% and than the new covers. This make a good seat, I used PUI stock copy and it fit very tight and rides real good.
[email protected]

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you can get your hands on a sand blaster to hook up to an air compressor that will work wonders to get all the rust off i used one on mine and it looked brand new (meatl on the seats)

as for painting it i tried por 15 with a brush but its a pain in the ass if you have a spray guy you could srpay it on i painted every thing i could with the por 15 than used some primer to get the areas i couldnt reach then hit it off with a light coat of black nuthing special its all hidden any way

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help guys, the seats I have are in alright condition they just have some scale rust on them not to much pitted stuff. I will see if I can get someone to sand blast them for me and I will do the por-15. What por-15 paint should I use? thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts