Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks nice and solid...CRV rear...otherwise I don't see much else that would validate this one as a LS5 car. Nice project nonetheless but I don't think I would pay much of a premium for it without the original block or docs.

This is a Van Nuys car so it ought to have (or have had) a build sheet on the tank, or in the seats, or....

1970 Chevelle SS454 Project

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Wasn't there a basket case 70 Chevelle for sale in the same area a year or so ago that had that code rear end? I think it was mentioned at least once in this section. At least one of the locals from this board knew of it. It would be interesting to see what they think of this car.

Steve R

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
I'll have to check for sure, but that sure looks to be the same rear code, date and condition of the rear I sold last year.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I wondered what you did with that CRV rear end Jerry. Interesting car, no paper, so where does the LS5 claim find support? Aside from the possible imported rear- I'm thinking it's a pretty clean project but ? Dash and most other items look ok, one lower quarter maybe. Watching.

Jerry, did you record the date on that rear and my next question would be "how does that compare to the production/sequence date on the tag?

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Not the 1 I sold Ron, both early rears but I got him beat by almost 2 months. The one under this '70 is dated 7 months prior to the tag....not something I'd be comfortable with.

Here's the 1 I sold....

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Agree Jerry, looks like a pieced together car with the intention of generating higher pricing as an LS5 car. At this point it's just a cleaner project car with no pedigree or basis in fact as an LS5 car. Still a decent starter though.

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Also appears to be an AC dash pod in a non-ac car. I'm only saying it's a non-ac car because he pictures a standard heater box on the table. He also points the camera everywhere but that point on the firewall. If you're a suspicious sort like myself, you'd figure this to be a Malibu on it's way to clone status. Other than that, it's got great floors and trunk pan, BIG bonus.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Also appears to be an AC dash pod in a non-ac car. I'm only saying it's a non-ac car because he pictures a standard heater box on the table. He also points the camera everywhere but that point on the firewall. If you're a suspicious sort like myself, you'd figure this to be a Malibu on it's way to clone status. Other than that, it's got great floors and trunk pan, BIG bonus.
Definitely a non A/C car. Note the kick panel vents. Also the dash vents don't have the shut off doors in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts