I was putting the switch back together when I started this post which was supposed to be about rebuilding a blower switch. If you have a '69 Chevelle with AC, you know that the blower switches are not available new. (Note: I have seen one listed by Classic Auto Air but it doesn't appear to have the correct wire connector.) So, I decided to try to fix what I had.
It starts with slightly bending 3 tabs that hold the back on to the switch.
Once those are removed, carefully remove the back noting the orientation of the brass slider. It is this brass slider that was the problem.
Through prolonged use, the arching had created a divot that kept it from making full contact with the rivets that hold the wire prongs on the back.
I laid the slider on a very flat surface and took the drift, using as little pressure as I could to try to flatten it. It was like block sanding a body when I kept rubbing it on emery cloth to see when it finally removed the divot.
Lubed it up and reassembled. All in all not a hard job and very rewarding. There are two of these NOS switches on eBay right now for $115 each.