Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a MSD ignition and need a plain-jane column mounted tach- around 3" diameter ,8000 redline ,any suggestions or part numbers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with Larry. I'm using an AutoMeter SportComp model #3708 (up to 8K rpm) in my '69 Malibu. Fit, function, and looks are perfect.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a Sun Tach in my 64 - works great and has that wonderful retro look - no memory, shift light, etc if you need the hi-tech stuff

------------------

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the Sun tach. I've had one in my Chevelle for 15 years and still works great.
I also have Autometer gauges and they work and look real nice. Can't go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A Sun tach won't work with the MSD box with out an adaptor (about $50). I believe the autometer will, at least mine does. I'm using the autometer "street tach", I really like it and the colors match the chevelle dash colors. I believe one of the above posts gives similiar recommendations.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi, I love my Autogage 3in tach. It works with my MSD 6AL box. It's great quality for the price. Jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love my Autogage 3in tach.. You can't beat Autometer products. It also works with my MSD 6AL box.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
My Sun Super Tach II (an old one) works great connected directly to the tach output of my MSD 6AL. von

·
Registered
982 Posts
I couldn't resist this one....I use an Auto Meter Monster Tach with a shift light. Its big and not cheap, but it does look very cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.