Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I'm trying to track down a good "recommended practices" type document for installing aluminum heads. My father is installing a set of Brodix heads for a friend of his, but he/we are not sure of any "gotchas" that may be lurking. More to the point, can anyone give a run-down? Is the torque sequence the same? Should washers be used? What is the recommended torque? You know... the usual. Any help is appreciated!

Turbodog
Houston, TX

W

·
0 Posts
I have owned several sets, super heads. No real gotchs unless you have battle ship springs, bigger than 1.550.

If high compression, consider a good set of head studs.

Torque is the same, use washers designed for the bolts or studs. The torque pattern does not change.

I re-torque after the first fire up and total cool down. Yeh I know it says you don't need to, but I'm anal about this.

Brodix tech line (501)394-1075

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 12-13-99).]

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 12-13-99).]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Everything Wally says plus, at least with the GMPP gaskets I used, a gasket specifically designed for the alum head, cast block. They simply allow for the different thermal properties of the two metals. And other gaskets may do this, but GM's were specific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.