Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently looked at a 69 that needs bumpers rechromed.has anyone had this done and what kind of price was paid for two bumpers.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Range for straightening and rechroming bumpers is $130 to $230 each in the Dallas/FtWorth area. Recently had a 68 front bumper done at United Bumper Exchange in Gaarland Tx. for $130 - quality was as good as factory.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
9 Posts
had bumpers done in Elizabethton, TN (Tri-city or Tri-county chrome). They turned out beautiful. I believe it was around $300.00 for each bumper. The guy who did my body work has used these guys for years and wouldn't use anyone else.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Steve,

Does United B E do mail order? I've dealt with local chrome shops here in NYC Metro area for motorcycle parts. The shops are shady and the work was crap (two years old and flaking like it's 40.)

Do you have any info for getting in contact with them?

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
I just picked mine up from the platers a few days ago. Got a killer deal, 440 bucks for the front and rear at a reputable shop that also repairs and finishes steel and aluminum rims no matter what finish they are. I havent had a chance to open the wrapping yet though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey, Michael J:
i know supplier bashing is not allowed, but i also live in the Metro NYC area and would very much appreciate it if you could tell me the names and locations of which chrome shops you found to be unsatisfactory. i am in the market to get the bumpers on my SS rechromed, and i want to know which shops to shy away from. i'm also open to any suggestions for good (and rather inexpensive) chroming places within a 50 mile radius of manhattan.
thanks

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Columbia University
New York, NY.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area, and had 78 Elky bumpers rechromed for 140.00 each. The rear needed a little straightening as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.