·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-454 30 over
-KB 203 pistons w/-12cc domes
-3999241 heads ported w/2.19-1.88
-cc'ed @ 110 cc
-Comp cams Grind #CB 314H-R10-- 314 adv. 252 @ 50 612 lift 110 lsa 106 centerline
-40 thou gasket
-10 thou deck hieght
-comp. ratio 9.8-1

The engine is at the engine shop right now and this is what I have right now. What does everybody think of the combo. When I bought the motor it was suppose to have different pistons in it to give it about 10.5-1 comp. but it doesn't, so this is where I'm at right now. My engine builder says I shouldn't go over 10-1 overall compression because I won't be able to run pump gas then, and that is a must.

Any and all feedback welcome

Thanks Deano

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just on the KB web site and my static compression is more like 9.5or9.6-1, I'm not sure what that would make my dynamic comp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What cam would you guys suggest? Would you suggest a new cam or change the pistons? how much can I expect to gain doing either of these changes. Moneys running thin so if I'm going to change things now it will have to make a big differance.

Thanks

Deano

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
Your fine with pump gas withthat [email protected] cam up to 10.5cr ....long term your better to change pistons .....get some SRP pistons I think there are about 21cc domes ....... if you ever go to a better head you still wont get chambers much less than 115cc should be fine withthe 21cc dome and piston .010 down in hole withthose 110cc heads ........ I'm zero deck with those pistons and 115cc head ..pump gas no problem, the 250 cam should be good with your converter and gears .......Check your static / dynamic to be sure IIRC I,m at 8.9 dynamic

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Your dynamic with that 314 Adv. cam would be down at 6.5.... I swapped a cam with 288/296 adv., a common cam, and the dynamic went up to 7.37. I got the same static as you said, about 9.6. Nothing wrong with that, just pick a cam that will build cylinder pressure and give you some grunt.

I just tried a 274 adv. and it made the dynamic 7.8....going in the right direction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts