Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if the rearview mirror arm on an el camino is shorter than a rearview mirror arm from a two door coupe. I have several mirrors and they have these real short arms, I have been told they are for El Camino.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hmmm...I'd be interested to find out. My mirror (a Chevelle one I bought off ebay) seems to hang down too low - I sometimes have to look around it to see other cars. Would you be willing to sell me one of the short-arm ones to see if that works better? If so, PM me with details. Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,812 Posts
I am scrapping out an unmolested, unchanged 72 El Camino due to rust. Here is a photo of the bracket. It measures 2 1/4" from the black cover to the center of the screw (In a straight line, not following the curve).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it, these arms are from an el camino, that is the same measurement of these arms. I know the convertible is the same as hardtop. Thanks for the information and the pic. I guess I learned something today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.