Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
they basically work like air shocks but they also help with traction you can run a single line for both or one for each bag,for track use you want to pre load the passenger side so you put lets say 15 lbs of air in it and it will make that side of the car stiffer, which takes out most of the body roll of applying torque which makes the car plant both rear tires equally...Mike

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
The Airlift 1000's I put in my 70 hardtop work great! MUCH nicer ride than the old air shocks I used 20 years ago. But they still allow me to lift the rear to where I want it.

I ran two air lines. The rest of the suspension is stock except for a nice pair of black gas shocks.

Someday I will post pictures on here!

Don

'70 Fanatic

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Airlift 1000's I put in my 70 hardtop work great! MUCH nicer ride than the old air shocks I used 20 years ago. But they still allow me to lift the rear to where I want it.

I ran two air lines. The rest of the suspension is stock except for a nice pair of black gas shocks.
I have some too for all the same reasons. I still had wheel hop when I put them in though, so don't expect a cure from the air bags alone. Last summer I put in tubular lowers and adjustable uppers with new bushings, and I STILL have wheel hop, but it's better. I haven't had a chance to dial it all in yet, though...

Kind of a bouncy ride, but it beats the skull-jarring ride of air shocks, and are much easier on the mounts. I ran 2 lines also and drilled 2 holes in the rear bumper behind the license plate to mount the schroeder valves. Kinda slick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.