Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this is the right place for this question. the other day there was a light rain and i noticed beads of water running down the rear window on the inside. how would i correct this without tearing up the molding and weatherstripping? i was thinking along the lines of a spray sealer of some sort but im not sure. what do you guys think? any thoughts welcomed.

nathaniel

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Your window needs to come out and be resealed. Anything else is just a bandaid. Go get some silicone and try to seal it up from the outside.....................expect a mess.
Roger

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to correct the problem, not just a temporary fix. what is involved in talking the rear window out? would i be tearing up a lot of molding from both inside and out? thanks

nathaniel

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
The window fix is something you can do. Get a trim/molding removal tool from the parts store ($10.00) Use the tool to release the molding clips (swing by any body shop and they will show you in 10 seconds how to do it). Once the molding is off you can see what the condition of the window channel is in. Since the water was running down the window your leak is at the top. You can seal it with some silicone or remove the window, clean the channel and put the window back in with some butyl tape (parts store $10.00). Carefull, screw drivers or sharp tools on the edge of that back window will cause it to crack. E-me if you get stuck.
Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts