Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the fuse in my defogger, it would eat fuses in Hi speed. After a few mornings of starting it in low speed and switching to Hi, it worked great in either speed. Well now it eats fuses in low speed but works great in Hi.

What's up? Do I need a new switch? Where can I get one? 1972.

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dale,
Try this! Reach under the dash and unhook the wiring from the switch. Use a piece of heavy gauge wire to jump it out. See if it will run that way, without blowing a fuse, it will be running on high speed, it sounds like the blower motor might be going bad. I dont think it would be in the switch. You can disassemble the blower motor and clean it and give it a good lube, if it's not to late. If you need either the switch or another blower motor, let me know I have extra ones of each.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Apart from the fact that those pesky defoggers so not work all that well, you have discovered that old electric motors need a bit of oil to keep the bearins working well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I need to get the El Camino to the paint shop. After That I can start looking into this little problem. Hopefully Wednesday Mr70MonteCarlo, we can do some business.

Merry Christmas All!!

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.