Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good question !! I had a map lighted mirror but it was stolen and just the other day I saw one in a 70 Buick Skylark in a local wrecking yard and got it for $2.50 :) the mirror was is poor condition , so I mesured it and did some looking around and to my delight I found out that later model glue on windshield mirrors have the exact same size mirror!! ,, they are just glued to the rubber trim/backing, you can carfully peel the old mirror and rubber trim/backing off and replace bulb and miror ,,, I am about to take apart my lighted mirror and will get back to you about possibly changeing bulb without disassembleing whole mirror, I have looked at mine and am afraid to to any prying on the plastic switch/lens at it will surly break ,, dissaembly may be the best way to safely replace bulb and if your mirror is less then perfect then you may want to get a mirror out of a later GM car and install it too I believe mirrors all the way into the late 70's maybe even 80's are same size

[This message has been edited by catman (edited 11-20-99).]

·
Registered
13,367 Posts
Catman may be right about the fragility of the lens. But the way to replace the bulb is to just pry the lens/switch from the bottom to gain access to the bulb. I replaced one about a yr ago with no problem. Too easy.

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.