Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question about the rear black panel on my 67. A lot of peoples panels are very shiny while mine is dull. What kind of paint can I use to make this panel as shiny as I see others? Its a plastic piece so can i claer coat it afterwards. Whats the correct paint? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 67 SS. This panel was only black on SSs (and black cars of course). My Chevelle restoration guide says zero degree satin black.

Correction, the book says the grille should be blacked out with zero degree satin. I extrapolated and decided to paint my tail panel with the same color. The book does not give any paint codes info for this panel.

Zero degree satin is not flat but not glossy. A good paint and body guy should know what it means. It's kind of an eggshell. Its has a sheen. It looks good. The only draw back with a flatter color is that you can't wax it. If you get wax on a satin finish it will turn chalky.

Wait a minute, now that I re-read your message, are we talking about the same thing? are you talking about the tail panel between the tail lights? What do you mean "plastic"?

Hope this helps,

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

[This message has been edited by jaqazi (edited 04-22-99).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.