Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone set up a stock rear sway bar AND ladder bars on a 69 Chevelle? I am concerned about clearance issues. I really do not want to make any modifications to the existing control arms etc. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I believe that with ladder bars you would not have any articulation anyway so the sway bar is useless.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Has anyone set up a stock rear sway bar AND ladder bars on a 69 Chevelle? I am concerned about clearance issues. I really do not want to make any modifications to the existing control arms etc. Any help is appreciated.
welcome to the site
that's not a good combo = one or the other
also ladder bars are not for street driving :frown2:
while ladder bar may look cool, i would not use them...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
how do you use the stock sway bar that bolts to the factory 4 link lower bar and use ladder bars
I believe the OP was referring to those bolt on, add on ladder bars from the 70's. The ones you used to see on cars with air shocks and tires hanging out of the fenders. Not the weld in drag racing suspension.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
all i can say to that is please dont put in those old lake wood bolt on ladder bars unless you want to have mechanical bind and render the stock 4 link useless. i allways wondered why they even made those things

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
all i can say to that is please dont put in those old lake wood bolt on ladder bars unless you want to have mechanical bind and render the stock 4 link useless. i allways wondered why they even made those things
They were made so the street weenies could impress the other street weenies. There is a reason Lakewood painted them yellow.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
how do you use the stock sway bar that bolts to the factory 4 link lower bar and use ladder bars
Using the common lakewood bars, you cut a slit in the flat square piece of the ladder bar.

It looks rather impressive, but I don't know about effectiveness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts