Team Chevelle banner

rear springs

6K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  JAYARTER 
#1 ·
looking to rise rear end of 69 ss appros 2 inches without
use of air bags or shocks ,any suggestion of different
spring ratio that would work would be helpful

#5 ·
HAHAHAHHAHA. ......but he aint jokin, Ive done it, and took me a year and a half in order to fix the "look" I wanted.

HERE is something I learned, if you want two inchs above what you have(OLD WORN OUT SPRINGS) you are really going to get 4 or more inchs of lift with 2 inch lift springs. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT for you to know......I learned that here!!!

I love my look of my car, but I had to put 600lbs of concrete bags in the trunk in order to drive it for the last year and a half until I got the Edelbrock udjustable upper control arms. Good luck. Remy

#7 ·
If someone has a 2" drop all around with springs and wants to return the rear to stock hight.... would they face the same issues? The rear would be returning to stock height and the front end would stay dropped 2 inches.

Thanks

#9 ·
here are some moog part #'s

Spring # Install Height Spring Rate (Lbs/in.)
5413 8.5 167
6381 9 198
5385 9 167.5
5379 8.5 121.5
cc507 10 158
8383 9 173

that didn't come out nice, but the first number is the part number, second is the installed height and the third is the spring rate.

I got the 6381's on my car

it now sits like this, the tires are 255/60R15 http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/charliebrengun/GTO/SNC01745.jpg (please ignore it's not a chevelle and all the dust)

#14 ·
I put Moog Cargo Coils on my 69 Malibu, SOLD. 68 Malibu with Monroe Sensatracs. and also on my 67 Elcamino with Monroe overload shocks,
to replace orginal air shocks. All three cars sat good height when done and drive very well. I WILL POST 68 PICTURES WHEN i GET FRONT SPRINGS BACK IN ...HOPE SUNDAY.....JAY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.