Team Chevelle banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am thinking about replacing the rear seat cover in my 72 chevelle. Are there any little tricks in removing the back seat?I also would like to replace the foam.Can I buy the foam for a bench seat from Gound Up? Will it fit? or do I have to purchase something different?
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
655 Posts
not really any tricks persay, you will need to push back and pull up at the same time on the bottom seat to get it out of the catch, once its up you will have 2 bolts that hold the bottom of the back portion of the seat in place. Once you remove these bolts you need to push up(toward the roof) because it is held in place on the top with catch hooks. I know ground-up sells front bench foam, but I dont know about the rear foam. BTW on my 69 I had to remove the rear arm rest to have room to take out the back section of the rear seat. dont know if you will need to do that on yours or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will not have to remove your side arm rests, however I have a 72, look under the bottom part of the seat and you'll see the two hooks that hold it in place. If yours is like mine and never removed before this you'll need two people to get it out. One has to push down on the edge of the seat, ( towards the front of the car ) and the other person pushes backwards to slide it from under the hooks. ( that's down and back ). Once the bottom part is removed then follow the instructions above for removing the back. It is the same for 68-72.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, just a reminder, while you have the rear seat out, look for the build sheet. That's where I found mine. Good luck with the seat...qqnick :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts