Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off thanks for the help with my fuel problem under accelleration it was to low a float level. now has anybody had a problem with the rear licence plate vibrating, sounds like a loose baffle in the fuel tank?this is driving me nuts any help would be appreciated.THIS IS ON A 69 CHEVELLE SS

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Mine did that on my 70. It was annoying, everytime I let off of the throttle, it would vibrate loud!! Replaced the spring in the bracket that pivots the license plate frame so it hold it tighter against the bumper and also put two little self stick rubber pads (one on each top corner) of the back side of the license plate frame where it meets the bumper to keep it from doing that in the future. Same kind of little bumpers you see on kitchen drawers so when you close them, you don't get wood smacking wood. Having a tailpipe touching the frame as it goes over the rear will also cause vibrations.

------------------
Jim
My 70 Chevelle
427 + (.125")
Best ET [email protected] (so far)
BSE Power

[This message has been edited by Epistuff (edited 05-30-2002).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
ihave a 69 ss and i already have little rubber bumpers on the bumper behind the license plate i think they are factory but i'm not sure

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Hey guys...I have the same issue with my 70 Chevelle. I bought a rubber bumper kit from NPD that was supposed to have the correct rubber bumpers for the rear license plate bracket but none of them are even close to fitting in the holes in my rear bumper....BTW, the diameter of the two holes in my bumper is 3/8"...is that the correct diameter because now I am concerned because I've only had the car 7 years and think someone before me may have installed a cheapo repo bumper that has the incorrect size holes. If you can possibly verify that my holes are the correct ones where can I get the correct rubber bumper stops. Here's a link to the ones that I have found at Goodmark but (pic does not match the part number listed on their website) I want to be sure before I go spend more $$$ on stuff that won't fit and pay shipping, handling etc etc. I called Goodmark to see about if they could tell me how big the hole in my bumper should be but I didn't get the information I needed. Thank you!

Mike

Here's the link... http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/HomePage.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.