Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled a 12 bolt possi rear out of a 68 ss396. I was planning on installing it on a 67 malibu. Will the 68 bolt right up to the 67? Are there any major differances that will cause me to have to make changes to the suspension, body etc etc.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
994 Posts
The '68 Chevelle differintial is about 1" wider. The '67 Chevelle uses the narrowest diff of any of the years and the Elcamino seems to be about a half inch narrower than the '67 Chevelle, but check it out to be sure.

------------------

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just from my own experience I would tell you . There should be no problem, It'll bolt right in.

------------------

–Joe454–
"67 Malibu"

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 64-67 had the same rearend, and the are 1 in. shorter than the 68-72. if you install a 68/69 rearend on a 67 you will have tire clearnce problems. It will be less than if you installed it on a 64/65 because 64/65 have a smaller and lower wheel well. If you are already tight with your old tires then you might want to consider trying to find a 64-67 rearend,witch I know is a difficult thing to do, I have been trying to find a 12 bolt for my 64 for years. The suspention should be a direct boltin.

[This message has been edited by crank64 (edited 07-23-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.