Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find codes for 12 bolt rears? im gonna decode my rear later tonite after the sopranos but i searched earlier and couldnt find anything. if anyone knows codes for a 71 or knows of any good pages please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a code book, but there's a lot of codes so it would take me awhile to write them all down.

If you get the numbers I'll look them up for you tonight.

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like to.

Rich Hexemer
69 SS 396
59 Vette

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dpinthec:
does anyone know where i can find codes for 12 bolt rears? im gonna decode my rear later tonite after the sopranos but i searched earlier and couldnt find anything. if anyone knows codes for a 71 or knows of any good pages please let me know. thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try here. Click the Axle Codes button and scroll down to 1971. These are codes for both 10 and 12 bolts. I also have a Field ID picture from a GM parts book if you're looking for ID information.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello-

I have an original 1972 Chevelle 402 ss car, and I found the original owner and he still had the blown up 12 bolt posi from it, so he claims. I got the numbers off of it. Would someone please tell me how this decodes? The casting number on the rear is May 1971. My car's motor is stamped late may 72, cowl tag has a date of 07c. He claims that CCF 2 17 2 this is how the spacing in the code is, and it stands for a Chevrolet 3:31 402 posi 12 bolt rear, stamped on Februrary 17, 1972. Would this be right? I need help! Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
CCF 2 17 2
C is for Chevrolet CF is for a 3:31 posi 2 is for February and 17 is the day
You sure there isn't a B before the last 2 ???
I know for my 1970 rear the last 2 digits are for the stamping plant and whether it was built on the day shift or night shift, the year is not stamped on the axle for 1970 not sure if it's the same for 1972
B1 = Buffalo plant first shift
B2 = Buffalo plant second shift

sounds legit, but what is the casting # on the housing? different casting # for different years

try www.chevellestuff.com alot of useful info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.