Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people,another question,been having a time with bushings on rear lower control arm,bolt will not come out,so i cut off bolts and burned out rubber bushings,all nice and clean and painted,anyhow,here the problem,new bushings came,g.m bushings,well they are in a metal casing like on the control arm,do i remove the casing on control arm?,and how do u do this,or remove the bushing from new bushing casing,and how to do this,and put in old metal casing,thanks again to all,

·
Registered
91 Posts
You will have to remove the thin metal sleeve left in the control arm from the old bushing.I had a similar problem with my sons pickup.We used a dremel tool to cut the old sleeve and then it tapped right out.We then used a large vise to install the new bushing.We greased the outside of the new sleeve to make it press in easier.Hope this helps, Jerry

------------------
66 El Camino 350 4 speed
68 Nova 454 4speed
http://community.webshots.com/user/11011954

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
You could also freeze the bushing and heat up the contlol arm and this makes the press fit a little easier. I have done it several times and this has worked the best for me.
Good Luck

------------------
Nathan Brandt
The more cubes the better!!!
70 SS 396 4spd under restoration
71 SS 454 clone 8.8 1/8 on pump gas and 8" slicks
60' 1.949 & 77 MPH
Team Chevelle # 1143
My 71 SS 454 clone

[This message has been edited by Nate (edited 12-07-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status