Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 12bolt has aluminum adaptors in back of the axels,,,,,what is the main purpose for these? are they a good thing or bad ? anyone?

·
Registered
336 Posts
describe what and where they are better.. i dont understand, the only think I can think of is they are c-clip eliminator safety hubs.. are they inside the drum right in front of the backing plates?

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, Yes I just found out today that they are C-Clip Eliminators,,umm I was just wondering what is the main purpose for these? and any pros or cons on them ,,,,, please excuse my lack of knowlage on this subject OK Thank You for replying though ...I really appreceiate it alot! Thanks again Loner

·
Registered
150 Posts
The c-clip eliminators are used for high perf applications to eliminate the c-clip used to hold the axle in the housing. The c-clips are located on the end of the axle. The axles are machined smaller in this area and are prone to breaking under extreme conditions. When that happens, the wheel, drum, and axle will come out of the housing and leave you with just the backing plate to scrape on the ground (as you careen into a wall).

The c-clip eliminators prevent the axle from coming out of the housing in the event that an axle does break. They are excellent, and if you have them already, you have no worries.

------------------
70 & 1/2 RS Camaro
SB406 & M20 4spd
9" Rear
70 Malibu
SB350 & TH400

Gold Member # 103

[This message has been edited by Scooter (edited 07-12-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.