Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My build has been done for almost 2 years now. I have noticed that the car sits to level, no front rake. It has all new front suspension using UMI springs, tubular control arms, upper and lower, with a Fat man 2” drop spindle and some stock shocks. In my infinite wisdom i used some original rear coil springs from a 4 door donor car. I feel these springs are likely compressed some which is giving me the level look. I’m thinking that a new set of UMI rears will give it a lift. I know there are a-lot of variables in trying to figure out this question but does anyone have an idea how much they would raise the rear of my “64”? Car is sitting on a bit of a hill may be misleading to the eye, but on a level surface it measures 6 1/2” all four corners.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Cloud

·
Registered
1966 El Camino: 283, TKO500, 3.36 posi.
205 Posts
I have UMI adjustable tubular A-arms with Fatman 2”drop spindles. I ditched the springs and went with Viking double adjustable hybrid coilovers.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like the jury is back, i will leave it as is. Was a little concerned as we are taking it to Cruising the Coast in October(650) miles and the gf packs the kitchen sink, thanks for all the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Is there some kind of air bags can be added for the GF's goods?
A guy gets to his hotel, gets himself a crane, unloads, and then deflates whatever device maybe could do that?

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,729 Posts
Is there some kind of air bags can be added for the GF's goods?
A guy gets to his hotel, gets himself a crane, unloads, and then deflates whatever device maybe could do that?
My Dad had that procedure and didn't ask the Doc how to Deflate for a month or so LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,407 Posts
Air Lift bags inside your rear coils will solve your problem without the car going "droop snoot" on you, Summit and others carry them, don't need to go crazy on air pressure, around 5# unloaded, 10-15# loaded should do the job nicely, some people have 2 separate air fills if going to go drag racing, otherwise only 1 fill should do nicely...used to be under a $100, an hour or two so to install and run the lines, if you have the tools. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Air Lift bags inside your rear coils will solve your problem without the car going "droop snoot" on you, Summit and others carry them, don't need to go crazy on air pressure, around 5# unloaded, 10-15# loaded should do the job nicely, some people have 2 separate air fills if going to go drag racing, otherwise only 1 fill should do nicely...used to be under a $100, an hour or two so to install and run the lines, if you have the tools. Good luck.
Thanks going to look into this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts