Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am interested in a 12 bolt posi rear on Ebay { item # 140090406204 } that is stated to be out of a 65 Chevelle . A couple codes are given, but I'm unable to find any info in my books .
Could I impose on somebody to check out this auction and see if it really is a 65 Chevelle 12 bolt housing or a full size passenger car ?
Has been listed for several days with no bids made , wonder why ? :confused:
Would be greatly appreciated .........THANKS !! Roofuss

G

·
Am interested in a 12 bolt posi rear on Ebay { item # 140090406204 } that is stated to be out of a 65 Chevelle . A couple codes are given, but I'm unable to find any info in my books .
Could I impose on somebody to check out this auction and see if it really is a 65 Chevelle 12 bolt housing or a full size passenger car ?
Has been listed for several days with no bids made , wonder why ? :confused:
Would be greatly appreciated .........THANKS !! Roofuss
The rear is a 66 rear, the 65 rear has a different casting number on the housing.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
It is the same. There are two bolt holes in the spring mounting plate. 65 has only one. 67 has a circular type.

According to the axle code (CO) it is a 3.31:1 ratio with an Eaton posi unit.

built Dec 30 th 1965

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
65 and 66 are the same.

G

·
Is the width the same as a 65 ?
I have a real 65 rear in my 67 and as far as I know the housing is the same width for a 67.

I know it's a 65 because I took it out of my 65 SS car that was killed is a hail storm, looked like a golf ball with all the dimples!:( :(

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Ralph. If its truly just been rebuilt, Thats a great price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats kinda what I thought, but have to wonder as its been listed for several days without a bid and is there something I'm missing ? Almost seems too good to be true and ya know how that goes , LOL ??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
only the last bid counts...what happens until then doesn't matter for anything.

Watch out on the shipping cost, comes up as $450 for me. He mentions that it isn't really that much but doesn't say what it is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Watch out on the shipping cost, comes up as $450 for me. He mentions that it isn't really that much but doesn't say what it is.
__________________ BINGO ! Same amount here, so I emailed him, said he made a revision { which he also states in the auction } and to me in Arizona from just over in Calif. it would be "about " half that ...it makes me very hesitant to take a shot at it .........:(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL !!!! I went back to the listing, and just for the hell of it , I put in my zip in Arizona ...he is in California and as commercial no loading dock... shipping came out to $426.00.....I put in my sisters zip in New Jersey with the same info, and the cost to ship cross country is $ 364.00 !!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: LOL !!!!!!!!! Think I'll leave this alone :noway:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts