Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re-chroming plastics

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Bob M 
#1 ·
Good'day folks...

I am looking for info about re-chroming my dash (gauge cluster). After 35 years it's looking a little dull. The entire car has been redone from top to bottom and inside out and now I'm stuck with a dull dash. Can it be re-chromed ? or is there anywhere out there that I can order a replacement ??

The car is a Canadian 64 Chevelle SS.

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS

#4 ·
I had some re-chroming done on some plastic for my '68 Chevelle. The name of the place is Don's East Coast Restoration, and they are located in upstate New York. I don't have the number right now, but if you are interested, e-mail me at minnocen@aol.com They did a really nice job for me, so I think you will be pleased. But beware! There is a hefty price tag that goes along with this stuff!

Matt

#5 ·
Thanks for the input...

Matt... If you can post the contact info here it would be great, then other's could share, by the way, how badly did the cost sting ?

I have considered using the Eastwood Chrome Spray, but I just don't know about paint. Last year a couple of companies advertised that they had dashes for the 64, but they never became available. Otherwise, the plastics are in excellent shape.

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)

#6 ·
American Plastic Chrome in Michigan has over 25 years of experience and do excellent work. 734-721-1967 days (Chuck) and 734-261-4454 eves (Rod), and yes, they drive Chevelles. They plated and painted the dash on my 72 and it looks new...

#8 ·
I also had a bezel done by American Plastic chrome for my 68. Turned out excellent, and cost was $95 plus shipping, unpainted.

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
& the newest - '70 Malibu convertible!
rseitz@pacifier.com

#9 ·
Rainer and Canuck64SS,

That sounds like a great price! I don't have the phone number for Don's East Coast Resto. on me now (I'm at work again) but if you would like, I'll be happy to post it. However, Rainer seems to have gotten a great price on his bezel - would you mind posting that info? (address, phone number)To give you an idea, I was quoted $300 for my dash bezel which I though was waaaaay too much!

Matt

#10 ·
Matt -

The contact info for American Plastic Chrome is listed in the post from Tom Lasater above.

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
rseitz@pacifier.com

#11 ·
Tom & Others...

I have tried to call the number that Tom provided for American Plastics to no avail. I have been trying for 2 days and nothing, just a personal answering machine.

Tom, could you recheck the number and see if it's the right one...

Thanks

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)

#12 ·
The phone numbers are correct. You could also try Rod's e-mail:

rjmardiros@ameritech.net

I think both of them have jobs besides the plating business. They're supposed to be at the upcoming Chevellabration.

------------------
Rainer - Team Chevelle #50 - Gold Member
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
rseitz@chevelles.com

#13 ·
Don's East Coast Restorations number is (516) 226-7982. Last time I called, 66 Speedometer Bezels were $45.00 exchange, Glove Bezels were $38.00 exchange and the Ignition Strip was $65.00 - $105.00 if you want the center part painted black. You can also send in your parts and have them redone and returned to you rather than exchanging them. Just takes a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.