Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to send my '70 dash to American Plastic Chrome in MI to be re-done. I am interested in any feedback on the quality work anyone has experienced there. Also...I am interested on tips on how to get the dash out, and back in, without cracking anything. I understand there was a publication in Chevelle magazine a year or so ago. Anyone know where I can find that publication/article, perhaps on-line?
Thank you....Scott

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=930710&a=6800260

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Scott,

Can't pass on any personal experiences w/APC. Have heard good things about them via this site. I took my 70 dash out today. I previously removed all the ac/heat ducting for now. There's 6 screws holding down the dash pad. Two are in the glove box. Remove them then pull forward and up slightly and the dash pad will come free. Drop steering column. Then there's two screws on the far left, one directly under steering column, two in the center, and two on far right. Things such as speedo cable, light & wiper swithches must be unplugged, cigarette lighter, glove box light etc. Heater/AC bezel unscrews from dash. Unscrew Emergencey brake handle from rod too. Once its free tilt it forward and remove it. It can be removed by one person, just take your time and be careful. Hope this has been of help. If I've missed something bear in mind folks are extremely helpful here. I'm by no means a pro at any of this. BTW, very nice lookin' car !

------------------
Chris
TC Member #631

·
Premium Member
28,423 Posts
Scott,that is one beautiful car...I'm jealous!!!

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS396/L78/M21/4.10 My 70 SS396
1972 Olds 442 convertible(455,W25,M40) My 72 442 convertible
1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass 350 Olds,TH350(daily driver)
"Be aware of the possible ramifications of the potential outcome"
Chris Corwel,the man from the too much taxes and over priced gas state of Connecticut
TC Member 785

·
Registered
293 Posts
Holy bat sh!t, that is one sweet car. I love that color combo. Power windows & locks too!
Absolutely outstanding.

[This message has been edited by markcord (edited 10-03-2000).]

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Scott -

Beautiful car! Now we know why you're popping the big bucks for the rechrome. As for APC, they did my 68 SS bezel, and I was very happy with it. Good luck!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50
ACES #3784

'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts