Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of bucket seats from a 70 chevelle.I want to put them in my 67 chevelle. I know the material patterns are different, but are the frames the same? I mean, If I buy new 67 style seat covers for them would they fit on the 70 bucket frames?......

------------------

Joe30

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info 71velle. I thought I could catch a break and take the inexpensive way out .NOT!

·
Registered
321 Posts
you could always trade your 70's for set of 67's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Fine69. Did you put 67 seat covers on the 68 buckets ?

------------------

Joe30

·
Registered
101 Posts
The size of the seat frame is the same from 1966 through 1972. Yes, the covers will all interchange. The difference is the location of the seat back release button. 1966 had no release at all, 67/68 had a release on the side, and 68/72 had a button in the direct center of the seat back. Because the button comes trough the seatback in all cases, the covers don't care what you put them on!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Hangten.And thanks to everyone for all your help.I just found this chevelle page about two weeks ago and I've gotten more help here then anywhere else before.Thanks again!
P.S. This Chevelle site ROCKS!

------------------

Joe30

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.