Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way of finding out how many cars were made with certain color combos, I have a 67 SS with NN code madiera maroon and gold interior buckets. can`t stand the combo is it worth keeping original?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Rare is an understatement.

Your car was probably special order.

I was at a local car swap meet (Langley, BC) and there was a Canadian documented 1967 Royal Plum SS with Gold interior. Several local experts were lining up to buy it.

EDIT: in Canada the colour is called "plum mist" I think.

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
No, unfortunately they did not keep such stats on these cars...

If you are sure that is the CORRECT color combo., ie.,. TRIM TAG shows it.. I'd keep it that way.. Rare does not always mean Valuable, but it is Rare and that is cool! If you really hate it, I'd sell it and find something that suits your tastes. There will be someone who will like that rare color combo.. as long as it is Correct.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!!!! AND POST SOME PICS!!!!

Actually, the "factory approved" interior colors for Madierra Maroon in 67 Chevelles were black, gold or red. But I have only ever seen one gold gut car in person, and yours is only the third car that I have heard of.

If you get fresh new Madierra Maroon paint that is 100% the correct mix, then the metallic actually has a slight goldish tint to it, which the gold interior really brings out. I have a Madierra Maroon black gut 67 SS that I have strongly considered changing to gold inside because it looked SO GOOD on the one car that I have seen in that combo. Even if you don't like it now, I'll bet you a beer you'll like it when it's done (especially with all the attention it will get, and when you can point to the tag and show that it came that way)!! :beers:

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
There is a one in the registry at the site here, a Canadian '67 SS396 convertible with a bench seat & a 3-speed floor shift. A local buddy has the latest built 736-series Beaumont Sport Deluxe I have ever hear or (end of November 1966). Currently the car is all black but it was built painted NN with gold interior.

I would say it is uncommon when new and even more unlikely to have been left that way. It does not clash and it is unusual today. Keep it if you like it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have a 67 ragtop with the same factory colors. At first I was going to change it,My wife likes it and I have come to like it once the shock wore off. I believe I read that for some reason you could not get white bucket seats in 67. Could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
White interior was not an option in 1967 for some reason. I'd love to see any photos of a Madeira Maroon car with the gold interior - maybe for publication?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dale I e-mailed you a couple. Please let me know if you get them. Thanks Rodney

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
And I must say it looks better than I thought it would... I like it :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts