Team Chevelle banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970 chevelle Malibu
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these for sale. Seller says they are rare. Base model taillights? I notice there’s no silver on them at all. I don’t want them but was just curious if they did come like this?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Not sure about rare, maybe mistake. The only lights I had ever seen for the 70 were the early and late model lights. Hard to tell but those appear to be a later set. The early lights had a flat reverse lens, the later ones were rounded for better light amplification. My 70 was a Canadian car and had the flat reverse light. They were so rare I threw them in the garbage for a new set of lights!!!!! There was no saving them, the silver was worn off and they were fogged.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
The early flat reverse lights are the rarer of the two. The early lights are not reproduced.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,382 Posts
What about the "no silver" accents on the lens. Is that a SS feature?
I would think it is, but I can also see the lack of silver on a standard Chevelle.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Our 70 Malibu conv had silver on the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I don't think it is a SS feature either. My documented SS has the silver trim and flat reverse lenses.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It’s probably a mistake and did not pass quality control. Hence boxem and sellem.
My taillights have black around them. But my car was modded in 70s. Was a day 2 car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts