Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy these exhaust manifolds that are supposed to be from a hi perf 327 in a 64 or 65 Chevelle. They have 2 1/2 inch outlets and look like they may flow quite well. The casting #'s are 3797802 RH and 3797801 LH. Does anyone know if they will fit a 283 in my 64? If so I'm going to get them. Thanks, Philip

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Are you sure the numbers are right? I see a listing for 3797901 for 1962-1963 327 LH 300,340,360 hp and a 3797902 for 1962-1965 327 RH 300,340,360,365,375 hp but these are CORVETTE part numbers. Someone else may know if corvette manifolds will fit a chevelle.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The numbers were given to me over the phone. The seller lives 50 miles away and has agreed to let me come and get them to see if they will fit. I found those same corvette numbers also, depending on the vette cross member they may fit, if he gave me the wrong #'s. Thanks for your help shooter. Philip

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
They won’t fit a Chevelle frame.

If you look at the center two exhaust ports & straight down you will see the front cross member. The manifolds will fit a Corvette or a full size car, not a Chevelle. Pass on these manifolds unless you have a full size car or a Corvette, they may also fit a full size pickup.

Leo

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
Guaranteed, they are 901 and 902. It is a VERY easy mistake to make. That 9 can look like an 8 and I have seen 6s that look like 8. It is a terrible shame that these manifolds will not fit a Chevelle. Otherwise I would have them on mine. I swear to God, I absolutely do not understand why Chev quit making 2 1/2in manifolds for the SB (and while we're at it, I don't understand why they quit making the removeable center section rear end, like Ford 9"). They never did make the style that goes under the plugs in 2 1/2in. Everyone is right, these are (were) only hipo 327, vettes and pass 62-65 only, 300-375hp (except the 300hp with auto tranny got 2in).If he is asking a good price, buy them anyway. They bolt up to ANY SB. There were originally 4 different versions of the 2 1/2in Ram Horn manifold, Chev still sells 3 of them. I think they are cast in Mexico. This would be an EXCELLENT manifold for a strong 350-400 in a Chevelle for someone who wanted to keep a stock type exhaust system, if it would fit. Don't let him rape you on the price, because, as I say, you can still buy new ones from Chev.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 06-10-99).]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. The asking price is $85 or he wants a new reciver hitch for his 76 K-10. If any Corvette owners out there that need them I will be happy to pick them up and ship. Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.