Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me any tricks on how to keep my rally caps on while going down the road....I tried bending the edge out a little and also have them wired to the wheel....but they still like to zoom off when I hit a bump...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Why not try the anti-theft retainers. They keep thieves from taking them, so I would assume that driving wont send your sombreros flying onto sidewalks. I know National Parts Depot has them in there Chevelle catalog.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Why not try the anti-theft retainers. They keep thieves from taking them, so I would assume that driving wont send your sombreros flying onto sidewalks. I know National Parts Depot has them in there Chevelle catalog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have installed the retainers and found out when they come off now it makes a hell of a racket and a lot of dents and sparks......

·
Registered
982 Posts
That doesn't sound like much fun. Aside from that, perhaps you might want to try adding a couple of coats of paint at the contact area on the rim. Its not very technical, and admittedly, it does sound stupid, but it might work.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
I've found the rally wheel centre cap retaining rings to be out of round. By rotating them and putting them back on you can find a position where they fit tighter.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ok, been there done that.....but a wrap of "red" duct tape around lip of center seemed to work for me.

Color of the tape MAY not be important, but I never tempt the fate of the Chevrolet gods.
DG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I'm going to try all of the Ideas...The Chevy Gods have been frowning on me lately....I had another one come off on the way home.But this time it came off in two pieces and the center went sailing ...WoW can those boogers fly..I had to hunt for twenty minutes before I found it...(these centers are at a premium out in rural pennsylvania) I've rotated the centers and tried to J-B weld the broken one( the bolts pulled out..I got three of the bolts in.. I think the anti-theft retainer was too much stress for the bolts) I would buy new centers but out here the pot holes are tank traps and they would be beat up in a week

[This message has been edited by cub (edited 09-14-98).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.