Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of 15X7 Rally Wheels manufactured by US Wheel Company, (American Racing Custom Wheels). I also bought a set of 67 SS centers and I was told these were GM. The problem is I sat these items on the self for many months and today when I went to install the centers they simply do not want to snap in the wheel. This is really a no brainer and I do not want to trash any suppliers on this site. So I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with this brand of wheel. I am very put out to say the least. There are some things a person just expects to work, snapings in centers is one of them. Any info would be appricated. I have not called the supplier yet, I am sure they will say thay no one else has had this problem. I am sure other folks have. Thanks again in advance.

------------------

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hate to say this, but there are several manufacturers that sell "rally" style rims that will not work the the stock center caps.

When I ordered mine (with a special offset), I made it REAL clear that when I was going to pick them up, I'd have a set of stock caps that I'd test fit.

All I can recommend at this point is that you call the manufacturer and ask what your options are.

Wes.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wes, thanks very much for the reply, I do feel better after reading your response. Now I know what I am up against. I will take your advise and call. Thanks again.

------------------

Jesse66Original
243 Gold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.