Team Chevelle banner

Radio

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  temp2c 
#1 ·
I have a 1967 Chevelle that I am wanting to put a nice sound system in. I am looking for a stereo with Bluetooth capabilities, amp, four speakers and a sub.....any recommendations????

#3 ·
I put a Retrosound Long Beach, 2 Kicker 6x9 3 ways in the package tray and a Rockford Fosgate 500 mono amp driving a RF 10 inch sub. Sound is clean, with nice bass. I like the Retrosound, but.......

Use caution with the Retrosound if you have converted from points to HEI, I along with others have experienced EMI problems, I couldn't filter out the EMI and went back to points until I can figure out what is causing my Retrosound to cut out with the HEI.

Today 50% of all marriages end in divorce, but 100% of car part deliveries end in happiness.

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)

#7 ·
Use caution with the Retrosound if you have converted from points to HEI, I along with others have experienced EMI problems, I couldn't filter out the EMI and went back to points until I can figure out what is causing my Retrosound to cut out with the HEI.
So, my multi-port fuel injection may be a problem? :surprise: I guess I have to do some research before I buy a system then. I'll have to give them a call...thanks!

#8 ·
Some people have had issues, others have had problems and were able to 'fix' their EMI woes. Retrosounds 'solution' is to sell you a relocation kit that moves the radio body away from the dash, while the faceplate and knobs stay in their intended home. I elected to go back to points ignition so I could focus on other things with my 72. Contacting them before ordering is advised.

Today 50% of all marriages end in divorce, but 100% of car part deliveries end in happiness.

72 Chevelle Malibu 327/350 Restomod
57 Chevy Bel Air 283/Powerglide
96 Ford Ranger (aka Truck Norris)

#4 ·
I just recently put a Retrosound Hermosa in mine with 6x9 Kenwood 3-way speakers on the rear shelf. Sounds great to me and the Retrosound appears to be of great quality, mostly made out of metal.

#5 ·
Got a retro sound in my 67 with 2 - 6x9's in the rear deck and the kick panel has 6-1/2" with the molded replacement kick panels (all pioneer). sounds pretty good.

For my '68 el co I went a different (and better) route since it still had its AM radio working and intact. I bought a $19.88 Dual Bluetooth/USB receiver at wal mart and mounted in the top side of the glove box. Thing is super nice for the price. has a remote too just like the retro sound. Bought a sonix repeater so I don't have to open the glove box to operate it. built 2 boxes for the $65 pioneer 6x9's and mounted in the area under the rear window. (non-issue with a car though). Bought the $7.88 tweeters at wal mart as my front speakers and mounted them just above the kick panel vent operators. Bought an antennae splitter so I can still hear AM if needed (ha) In hindsight - should have done the chevelle the same way. Blows me away the quality and price of this new sounds system stuff..

#6 ·
Got a retro sound in my 67 with 2 - 6x9's in the rear deck and the kick panel has 6-1/2" with the molded replacement kick panels (all pioneer). sounds pretty good.

For my '68 el co I went a different (and better) route since it still had its AM radio working and intact. I bought a $19.88 Dual Bluetooth/USB receiver at wal mart and mounted in the top side of the glove box. Thing is super nice for the price. has a remote too just like the retro sound. Bought a sonix repeater so I don't have to open the glove box to operate it. built 2 boxes for the $65 pioneer 6x9's and mounted in the area under the rear window. (non-issue with a car though). Bought the $7.88 tweeters at wal mart as my front speakers and mounted them just above the kick panel vent operators. Bought an antennae splitter so I can still hear AM if needed (ha) In hindsight - should have done the chevelle the same way. Blows me away the quality and price of this new sounds system stuff..

Sounds great. But you mounted a radio/receiver ON TOP (?) of the glove box? Huh?So you cant see/access it? I don't see that...

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.