Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i put in a new key warning switch and fixed my horn switch and now my speakers dont work. I have a kenwood 3006 tape cd changer control deck. My amp work for my sub but my side and rear speakers dont work. also it not a fuse becuse my deck works and i get sound out of my sub. any help would be great.

·
Registered
319 Posts
you could have a short in one of your speaker wires. i had a similar problem and when i had put my rear panels in i centered a screw on the speaker wire. try disconnecting your speakers one by one and see if they start working.

------------------
Derek TC Member #1645
68 El Camino w/ 307
It's not fast but it shoots flames out the tailpipes! (pics coming soon)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Was the Kenwood professionally installed? If not, I have seen a lot of poorly done wiring and even just wires twisted together.

I would start by pulling the deck out enough to get to the speaker harness for testing. As you have lost both the front and rear speakers I would suspect you have knocked the speaker wiring harness from its connection on the back of the receiver. The reason the sub-woofer still works is due to the fact it is hooked to the RCA jacks and runs independent of the other speakers.

I am assuming that the amp is only for the sub-woofer.

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...

68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok after talking to a friend from a local stereo shop he said that maybe the internal amp is broken and sure enough i looks like it is. one question can i get these from any stereo place.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it's the internal amp in the CD changer then you will probably have to send it out to a Kenwood repair shop.My Clarion did the same thing.It was an older model and for what it would have cost to get it fixed, I could just go buy a new one.I've got a Sony now- in case your wondering wich choice I made.

------------------
Joel
T/C#980 1968 SS396 CHEVELLE

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts