Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a USA-1 radio and a new dual voice speaker(mono dash) today in my 70 chevelle. Hooked up both speakers and am having trouble with the 2 power leads. I ran the red wire(power) directly to the radio fuse at the fuse panel. I can get the radio to turn on and light up with the ignition on but no sound. I went to plug the orange wire(memory and clock) into the clock/radio fuse at the fuse panel and blew the fuse. I have the black wire grounded to a screw on the dash. Any suggestions? Thought I should at least have sound by hooking up the red power lead but nothing but light. :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Might want to run the ground to another place. Sometimes the screws in the dash are not a real good ground, or just use the ground from the orginal radio if it had one. As far as the fuse blowing, is it the fuse in the fuse block or the fuse going to the radio the one blowing? If you have an open space on the fuse block that has constant power you can use it. Check your connections to the speakers and make sure they are good. I have had made bad connections myself and spent alot of time thinking it was something else. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can add their thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts