Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 SS with an am radio and dual dash speakers. The speaker wiring is a birds nest and I was was wondering if anyone has diagrams for this.
Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
John

I don’t have a diagram but the AM harness will have a radio connector with the letters A-F just above the wires. The connections are as follows. A- black/white 2 wires. B- no connection. C- ltgreen 2 wires. One black/white and one ltgreen to each speaker. D- gray. Radio light. E- yellow. Power from radio fuse. F-black . Ground.

Each speaker lead, one about 2’ for the right side and one about 4’ for the left side will have a female connector that mates to the speaker pigtail. The gray-yellow-black wires have a female connector that mates to the main harness radio connection, a male connector with the same color wires.

There may be an additional male connector with a black/white and blue wires. The blue wire will either connect to B on the radio connector or it will connect to a rear speaker fader control. This would be a rear speaker connection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts