Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i searched and cant find what i need, i need to know where to hook up the constant power and the ign. power leads on my new tuner. Can they be hooked too the spade conn. in the fuse box? If so which ones as my lettering is worn off. Or should they be spliced in and soldered? if so what color wires should i tap into? I thought yellow but that seems to power my clock and the heater controls? Help!!!! Ralph

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
This might help.

http://www.chevellestuff.com/67stuff/index.htm

Look under the various headings under "67 Chevelle Informaiton" link. There's a picture with lables of the fuse panel under "Bulbs, Lamps and Fuse Circuits". The "Wiring Diagrams" are also in color to match wire color.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it helped with the fuse box lettering thank you but i still need to know how/where to hook up the wires

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Yellow is radio. Orange should be clock but only have a 66 print with me now. The colors should be the same for a 67.
The constant power or memory can be tied into the cigarette lighter or run down to the fuse block (BAT). Your choice but use the small size in-line fuse in the memory line.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping you would chime in John, i have more than 1 yellow in that area. 1 goes to the in dash clock (car also came factory with consol clock), 1 goes to the heater control.????? There doesn't seem to be another that would go to the radio any ideas? Thanks for the help guys! Ralph

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Just run the radio hot lead down to the IGN or ACC termimal on the fuse block. The wire from the aftermarket radio should be long enough to reach it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you John
If i get it right the constant goes to the Batt. spade in the fuse box and the regular radio power goes to the ign/acc spade in the box. Will this give me the radio use when the key is turned back as well? Thanks again! Ralph

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Yes on the constant hot to BAT.
Hook the main power to ACC and it will work either while the car is running or the key turned back to ACC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts